The activities carried out in Italy by the Group for Transcultural Relations have followed a path similar to those carried out abroad.
The main topics we focused on are:
- Training activities: issues of cooperation, professional updating, methodologies of transcultural relationship.
- Seminars of anthropology and cooperation in collaboration with the Fondazione Feltrinelli.
- Anthropological research on African migrants in Milan.
- Courses of cultural and linguistic mediator and courses for teachers on the nomadic population and its culture.
- GRT also organized, in collaboration with Rho cooperative Percorsi, courses in art and social problems.
- Comparison between cultures and cultural activities: meetings with poets, writers, politicians, men and women working with civil society. Meetings to inform the population about the country’s ethnic minorities, their cultures and the stories behind the decision to flee their country.
- Collaboration with local institutions to improve services for foreign citizens in Milan and surroundings.
Particular attention was paid to young people to allow them to express themselves and their will and this led to the creation of Tutti sopra un cielo – TS1C the artistic section of the GRT.
This contributed significantly to the project “Meeting almost by chance”, carried out with Parada Italia and financed by the Fondazione Alta Mane Italia, the Evangelical Church and private contributions (Spal Automotive).
During this project the GRT started to work with the Roma in Milan, in particular with children and adolescents, organizing recreational activities.
In September 2017, the GRT merged with the Cecchini Pace Foundation, also founded by Professor Rosalba Terranova Cecchini. The organisation offers a school of transcultural psychotherapy, continuing education and personal services. It thus continues its commitment to the transcultural training of mental health workers and the direct care of Italian and foreign people from a […]