Thanks to UNICEF funds, GRT implemented this project to ensure psycho-social support to women and children victims of violence, to improve prevention and intervention services,to support awareness compaigns on GBV issues and Child Protection.
GRT activities included:
- Identification and warnings alerting services about cases of violence
- Psycho-social, legal, medical support
- Monitoring work in the focal points (Bosaso, Garowe and Galkayo)
- Professional emotional support from to women and children in Puntland.
- Recreational activities and programs to improve life conditions of migrants women and children, victims of violence.
- Dialogue with religious leaders for conflict resolution
- Awareness compaogns
- Training of local governmental staff on how to recognize and manage this kind of violence.
As result, 400 victims of GBV and 100 children received psycho-social support tailored on their specific needs and adequate medical care.